Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You're doing it wrong!

I've spent a little bit of time here and there over the last few days writing a little page that summarizes, hopefully with a little bit of humor, a lot of bad programming practices. If you're into that sort of thing, take a look.

EDIT: Yes, this was largely an excuse to say "You're doing it wrong!" (and variations) over and over, ad nauseum.

4 comments:

Mason said...

What about adding a comment after the writing of web pages that addresses getting all the way to the bottom of that web page? :)

jwadams said...

Laugh; well done!

Lemming said...

Mason -- well, if you have code you could have been working on instead, then yes, you're doing it wrong. :)

Jonathan -- Thanks!

Mason said...

Although I have to say that when you ask a TA for help and they give you this answer (let's assume for the sake of argument that the question was a reasonable one that was also phrased reasonably), then there is a tendency to not ask them for help again. (This happened to me as a frosh when I went up to somebody who previously indicated I should come ask him when I had trouble. Talk about a mixed message.)