Apparently my dancing is getting better. I've recently started dancing Casino Rueda with a social group that gets together in Griffith Park every other week. As partners shuffled along (you constantly switch up in Casino Rueda), one of the organizers worked her way around to me. It wasn't long before her eyes went wide, she turned to a friend and said, "Wow, check this guy out! He's, like, Cuban!" Even cooler is that I've actually gotten that compliment before, though not worded quite as amusingly.
I had the day off work, and ended up watching Stuck on You. What a fun, enjoyable movie! If you want to watch a movie to relax, smile and laugh a bit, it's an excellent choice.
You know what else is really satisfying? When you track down an old TV show you used to watch, and discover that it's even better than you remembered. Mike^2 (as opposed to Mike the TV) and I recently started watching ReBoot all the way through. I wish I could say I tracked it down on VHS/DVD, but considering that each disc is out of print and costs anywhere from $50-$160, I admittedly pursued an alternate strategy. It's jam-packed with mostly-decent computer jokes and, especially in the second season on, a virtual (hah!) smorgasbord of pop-culture references and jokes. Besides being reminded of how much I like Hack and Slash (okay, that's a pretty common pair of names for subordinate bad guys...), I have also rectified missing one of the funniest cartoon moments ever -- the conclusion to the episode "Talent Night."
Oh, and I finally organized my toolbox. I don't know why this is blogworthy, but it is! It's a large, red box and it's chock full of tools, nearly all of which actually get used from time to time. I've also moved it to the trunk of my car (I don't know why that has taken me nearly two years, but it has) where it belongs. Now, as I understand it, I'll never have a use for them again -- problems that can be dealt with usually don't have the heart to show up at all.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment