Monday, January 22, 2007

Coachella UPDATED

Thank you, Arcane Gazebo, for pointing out this wonderful news. Not only is it great that Rage will be getting back together to play Coachella, but some of the other bands mentioned are also, shall we say, relevant to my interests.

You know what's funny? The three headline acts listed (Rage, RHCP and Bjork) are bands I've actually seen in concert before. That is, I've seen them all at the same concert: Free Tibet '96 was one helluva show. Looking up the artists, however, I feel a bit of shame -- Cibo Matto played there, but it still took me another 3-4 years to notice their music. Not to mention completely failing to notice Buddy Guy -- they could have been morning acts that I missed on the way, I suppose.

I'm starting to suspect that staying for all three days of the festival may be a tempting (albeit difficult) prospect. If it comes down to it, this maybe be the only answer. (I found that comic browsing from Married to the Sea, a caption-comic on my funny-list.)

UPDATE:
Even more from AG -- it looks like the full lineup is now posted. Five days until the tickets go on sale.

2 comments:

Mason said...

As I mentioned by e-mail, I'm most excited about Crowded House, though I'd like to see Björk as well.

Two days was already too much for me, so I can't envision myself attempting three.

I'll consider going to 1 day if enough bands I want are playing on the one day. My book should be at the printers by then, so I should be able to do this as far as timing goes.

Anonymous said...

After some deliberation I am strongly leaning toward Going In The Bucket. If I were to skip one day it would be Sunday, so I think I will buy a three-day ticket and then if I really don't have enough energy for the last day, I'll always have the option of bailing and hanging out in LA that day instead. But I'm hoping I'll be able to make it.

More of the bands are new to me this year, so I will be doing more research ahead of time (as I should have done last year anyway).