Monday, May 21, 2007

Year of the Wolf -- Review

On his trip down for Coachella, AG was kind enough to provide us with copies of his best-of 2006 mix CD, Year of the Wolf. In the tradition of plotting things that don't really need plotting, I bring you my review thereof:



Scale is fairly arbitrary, +/- a few ticks on the graph. Relative total ordering of quality isn't guaranteed, though approximate relation to adjacent datapoints should be pretty much correct. It's like tuning a guitar against itself -- use the simple method sloppily, and you might end up with two Es that don't sound much like each other.

The Hold Steady's relatively new album, Boys and Girls in America, has been out for months. Why in the hell didn't I pick it up sooner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the review format, and I'm glad you enjoyed the CD. :) I felt like it was one of my better compilations.

Mason said...

I have one question: Where are Persons A and B on this plot? (Maybe AG should answer this...)