He was stapled to the chicken.
I love taking things out of context, and I'm not just talking about Housequotes.
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?
In addition, I like taking things out of their original context, and into a new one.
Make me one with everything.
The funny thing is, if you take something out of context that's sufficiently unique, you can sometimes find your way back to the context it came from.
That's the milking machine -- it doesn't stop until it has eight gallons!
What happens is, with a sufficiently recognizable phrase, it ends up bringing its context along, like it or not. Sometimes this is good, because it let's you re-tell a long joke just by referencing the important bits.
AMONGST our weaponry...
Now, what if you try and abuse this? Let's say you pull bits and pieces from many distinct (but similar!) contexts. Is it possible, if you have the talent, to create a monstrous amalgamation of humor, or do you just end up with a cacophony of ideas, suddenly devoid of their original humor?
Oh, so you've played this game before?
Supposing you create such a context, which would require a more cohesive and broadly recognizable basis than what I've been using so far, what would happen if you included something decidedly unfunny? Could the new context be sufficient to get a laugh? Better yet, would the juxtaposition alone be sufficient to catapult a somber idea to levels worth of a snrk, a lol, or even a rofl?
There are four lights!
Seriously though, post the punchlines to your favorite jokes. I love punchlines by themselves, and prior analysis aside, I have no idea why. I just think they're grand! I won't be offended if you keep your biggest guns locked up -- anyone who knows me well enough can probably figure out one punchline I'm particularly fond of that's nowhere to be seen. If I get enough posts, maybe we can do a round of "spoilers" as well.
Because Seven ate Nine.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'll try to look at this post again when I'm less tired and am not setting my alarm for early in the morning.
Off the top of my head:
Missiletoe.
My watch is slow.
John Lennon.
Swim across; they're all at a party.
Candleja
Professional courtesy.
Can I have my dog back now?
If you don't mind me asking, what did the chicken do?
Ow.
Well, I guess we answered *that* question.
I just thought of one (that I've never used before): Aaaaaaarg
(hint: it has nothing to do with pirates)
My favorite: "I'm decomposing"
Curtis's favorite: "Would you like me to hold your monkey?"
I'm late, but here are a couple really old ones anyway...
Well, I'm westing.
They hide good, don't they!
Post a Comment