Some great lines at dance class (Latin Technique) on Sunday. OneMike thought it particularly excellent when the instructor said to me, "Tim, with those legs, you should be a stallion", in particular trying to correct how much power I was using to push off with in a certain footwork exercise.
I'm not going to provide any more context (except maybe in the comments) for this next one, because it's a real doozy:
"Tim, open up your butt more."
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Once again, I'm going to make a request against my better judgement: Please explain.
I actually have a comment (not said, but thought, and it made an amusing line) that I should pass along at some point. It's not a Housequote or anything -- it's just something that's potentially funny for people who know me.
The explanation de-fangs it, rather than make it worse, which is why I didn't want to include it (naturally).
In that particular class, we don't work on dance moves per se, but rather how to isolate and control certain muscles in order to step or spin with control an power. I was using muscles along the inside-back of my thighs when I should have been engaging the muscles along the outside-back of my thighs.
That comment was the quickest and simplest descriptor to communicate this to me, so it was appreciated. Also, the weight distribution over my foot immediately improved.
Unfortunately, I've already forgotten how it all fits together. Oh well. Practice, practice.
Post a Comment