... did I get that right?
Mason, Cat and myself went to see Grindhouse, the Robert Rodriguez/Quentin Tarantino double feature at the Rialto. Better yet, we caught the midnight show -- I'm not sure I've ever seen a show at the Rialto that wasn't at midnight.
Review, short version: Know what you're getting into. If this is the kind of move you're looking for, then you'll enjoy it. (Note: I realize I'm more likely to take the effort to post a review if I enjoyed the movie, so my reviews tend to be very positive... hrm)
You know, I can't bring myself to write a long review. Instead, it only seems appropriate to use cheesy movie poster copy to talk about this movie: "Thrilling!" "You'll be on the edge of your seat!" "Smash hit of the season!" ". . . another masterpiece from Tarantino/Rodriguez." All of those should be taken with the grain of salt you normally would, of course.
I went in expecting a good laugh and a fun time. I got exactly that, only moreso than anticipated. I was hootin' and hollerin', and with the venue being the Rialto, I didn't feel out of place. Even Death Proof, which I had expected to lose my interest, was a great ride once it got going.
Last words: Zoe Bell is a goddess.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll write a review later. I'm tired.
I really want to see this, but didn't get a chance this weekend. Maybe I'll just go off to the theater some night this week when I want to take a break from studying for my qual.
Post a Comment