Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stress relief

So, yeah, a bit stressed now, and everything (not just the blog) is developing a bit of a backlog. There's just a lot to do.

Anyway, I'm turning to one of my old staples for stress relief: music. Megadeth is doing the job admirably, but I need some other music in the mix. I'll probably play some My Chemical Romance next, and after that I don't know.

Loud, angry, powerful music helps me blow off steam -- especially when it's good loud, angry, powerful music. Anyone have any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mastodon. Blood Mountain was the only metal album I bought last year.

Mason said...

Maybe the Ring Cycle?

Lemming said...

AG - the samples on iTMS just gave me the impression, "Wow, this sounds like stereotypical metal is supposed to sound like". The clips on their myspace seem a little better than iTMS's "let's waste the 30 sec clip on the intro!", but I've taken as much of a break from actually listening to full songs than I care to right now.

Mason - Very amusing, but also very wrong. :P

For the moment, I picked up Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists, which has also been recommended to me in the past. At least the cover of "Land of Confusion" is pretty good.

Hrm, right now I'm hearing The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love blaring through the window (finally, they've been blasting that damn Eiffel 65 - Blue since morning). This is good too...

Mason said...

Wow, a cover of "Last of Confusion"! That's my favorite Genesis song, and I like several Genesis songs quite a bit.

Disturbed is metal or "just" hard rock?

Repeated blasting if "Blue" sounds very painful. I guess the Flems are doing this? Have you figured out what they're doing with the cannon (aside from the inevitable firing)?

Lemming said...

Not a clue re: the big red implement of inadequacy.

I don't really know how to classify hard rock vs metal vs industrial etc etc etc. I know I like medium-fast, super-crisp songs with a very strong beat.

I doubt the cover is quite your style, but I think it's not so far removed that you can't appreciate it, just probably not your thing to listen to more than once.