Friday, February 23, 2007

Ding!

I've been training at a Kung-Fu school in Pasadena since October. I just had my first test, and passed.

It was trivial, really -- the hard part was going regularly to practice twice a week. At this point I've missed one class without a good reason (and boy am I ashamed of it), and have missed a few more due to illness or travel -- most of which I've made up.

I don't really know jack -- I'd equate making the first rank to finishing rotation. Now I'm a frosh. On the other hand, I'm considerably more fit.

Half jokingly, at Rueda class last Saturday, 'teach wanted to do a body action exercise for the girls, and instructed the guys to "just do pushups or something" until she was done. Most of us guys went for it, many doing 5 or 10 or so. I didn't skip a beat (literally -- I kept to the music) until she was done w/ the girls. I didn't start counting right off, but I know I did more than 50.

Of course, another 10 and I might have collapsed, but you couldn't tell that from looking. ;)

I'm not really bragging about the pushups, mind you (though, okay, I am a bit proud). I'm bragging that I actually got off my ass long enough and regularly enough to start getting in shape. And, aside from being stricken with the plague this last week, I'm not showing any signs of slowing down.

6 comments:

Mason said...

When I read the title, I naturally thought of Cat.

Jenny said...

When I read the first line, I thought of Celebrity Jeopardy and Keanu Reeves.
Sexy Lemming!

Lemming said...

If I were anyone else, I might be afraid to ask why you thought of Cat, Mason.

I'm drawing a blank, Jenny. Help me out? (I haven't re-watched the Celebrity Jeopardy eps in a long time.)

Mason said...

Lemming: I was referring to the sound you and Randy made when a certain "goal" was achieved.

Jenny said...

Watch the episode here. The Kung Fu moment is right at the beginning.

Lemming said...

Aha, thx.