Thursday, December 28, 2006

Link Dump

I've been terribly negligent about posting this month. Of course, those familiar with my work schedule this time of year might understand why.

Anyway, I thought I should clear out my backlog of linky-links. Here you go:

A mash-up trailer of Office Space, making it look like a drama. Via College Humor.

Anne just introduced me to Chopping Block, a hilariously visceral webcomic. Personal favorites include this one about squeegees and this commentary on plea bargains.

On Kotaku I noticed a link to an article about gender-swapped online identities. You know, I used to exclusively play female avatars in FPS games. Why? They tended to have slimmer profiles, and were thus harder to visually track. Yes, I overanalyze things.

There's a Japanese trailer for Revenant Wings, the FF-XII followup for DS. Characters and gameplay style from XII, graphical style from FFT, and running on the DS -- as I told Mike^2, this is SFW porn. (Via Kotaku as well)

Someone over at Slashdot posted this old essay defending the physics in Buckaroo Banzai. That really made my day.

Via Boingboing, a best-ever cartoons list (FIXED), with video links. The usual suspects are all present, don't worry -- even Bambi Meets Godzilla gets a mention!

UPDATE: I just saw a crappy-cam trailer for the FFT rerelease for PSP. They included my favorite scene from the game right at the end of the trailer -- well, one of a pair of scenes that are intertwined. It doesn't really do much when it's out of context in a language you can't understand, but I got my reminiscin' on nonetheless.

4 comments:

Mason said...

The best-ever cartoons link is broken.

I've never seen Bambi vs Gozilla. I only know about it because it's referenced in the song "Sick & Beautiful".

Lemming said...

Fixed link:

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/12/21/greatest_cartoons_of.html

Mason said...

The last part of the link is being cut off by the box to leave a comment, so I can't get the full url by copying and pasting. :(

I'll see if I can find it via google.

Mason said...

OK, I found it. I appreciate that many of the titles refer to things I know. I also clicked on the link to the 100 "greatest" cartoon series/movies. Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner should have been ranked much higher. :)