At 0800 AM
Store was opening.
I got there and lined up at about 7:00am, an hour before the doors opened. The people in the line were decently entertaining -- everyone I spoke to was there to buy it for themselves or a friend, no eBay nonsense.
Manager: What happen?
Stockroom Worker: Somebody sent up us the shipment.
They had 57 units, I turned out to be number 35.
Salesperson: We got tickets.
Manager: What!!
Salesperson: Main line pass out.
They passed out numbered tickets to keep everything unambiguous. It's a shame I had to hand it over at the end, it would have made a nice souvenir.
Manager: It's you!!
Electronics Teller: How are you gamers!!
Electronics Teller: All your Wii are behind the counter.
Electronics Teller: You are on the way to purchase.
Starting at 8am they let us in 10-15 at a time to buy our Wiis, escorted through the store by security. At this point, the non-Wii-buying public were free to roam the store as well.
Manager: What you say!!
Electronics Teller: You have no chance for accessory make your purchase.
Electronics Teller: Ha ha ha...
They were completely sold out of accessories -- no second wiimote for me. Like several people I talked to, however, I picked up Twighlight Princess and Excite Truck.
Salesperson: Manager!!
Manager: Sell out every 'Wii'!!
Manager: You know what you doing
Manager: Play 'Wii'.
Manager: For great justice.
Got home by 9am and immediately started to set up my new toy. Fairly painless, the only unpleasantness was typing in my 128-bit wifi password... but that's my won damn fault. First game I fired up was Zelda -- no, not Twighlight Princess. That was second. Third was Excite Truck, and so far that's been the star. I'll pop in Wii Sports at some point, but so far drifting monster trucks in the snow is good enough for me.
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You have been justly rewarded for your vigil.
I got some work done today instead of getting up early. :) The sacrifices I make. I did, however, buy a very promising new board game this evening.
We expect a review to be posted soon!
P.S. All your base are belong to us!
Don't worry, you will most certainly be getting signal.
Post a Comment