I will no longer be posting blog entries to Slashdot. Instead, I'm moving back to Blogger, this time with the new Blogger Beta. The new site is http://devshm2.blogspot.com/.
I've been testing it out (and posting in parallel) for a while now, and it hasn't given me any of the trouble I had with Blogger in the past. The main reason for me moving out, however, is embarassment.
Wait, what? You see, Slashdot has a button you can click that allows your blog posts to be submitted as potential Slashdot stories. This is never what I want, but through some browser glitch, this button gets selected about half the time. That means somewhere out there Slashdot editors have been forced to read blog entries about my personal life, the whole time wondering, "Why does this idiot think his daily going-ons are fit story material for Slashdot? WTF?"
It just happened again, and I can no longer take the shame. In fact, I'm tempted to click the button on purpose when I submit this -- easier than filing a proper bug report.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! Easier comment posting!
About bloody time.
Post a Comment