Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bits of Tid

Played a bit of Guitar Hero 2 over at AG's pad -- it's good. Not terribly different from the original, but with a new (and also awesome) set list and a nice coop multiplayer mode. It was also good to hear some songs I like quite a bit and haven't heard in a while, like Jane's Addiction's "Stop".

Speaking of old songs, KFOG has been playing a lot of music that used to play on the modern rock stations back when I was in high school. Some old familiar favorites, and a lot of modern rock / alternative from the early 90s. The DJ chimed in, "This is *blahblahsomename*, filling in for Big Rig."

Wait, Big Rig Stewart? He was one of the old Live 105 DJs when I was in HS, and the only one good enough that I actually remembered his name. Guess that explains that!

Also, Final Fantasy XII. I beat it last weekend. Clocked in at 56 hours when the final dungeon was first available, with a moderate (but not nearly completionist, just casual) amount of sidequesting put in. Most people already know I give it two thumbs up, but a more in-depth review will be coming at some point.

4 comments:

Lanth said...

We got to play/watch GH2 a bunch at our guild sushi raid last weekend. The best song in the game is Jessica, on two player coop mode, with both bass and lead on the hardest level. Simply awesome.

Mason said...

KFOG is one of the few radio stations that I like (as we've discussed before). Of course, I listen to my own stuff in practice rather than bothering, but I make it a point to look at their 10@10 playlists every couple weeks to remind myself of songs I might be forgetting. I could remind myself even more efficiently by actually listening to the station instead of my own playlist but I'd still have to listen to too much stuff I'd rather not if I did that.

Lemming said...

I haven't played Jessica yet, but we'll have to try that out -- I'll bring over my copy and extra controller at some point. I started playing proper last night after I finished the drive (12:30am or so), and cleared the first three sets on hard. I'm probably going to have to step it down to medium in order to actually unlock all the songs in a reasonable amount of time, as hard mode is really tiring.

So far my favorite was probably Last Child, on either hard or maniac, can't remember which. I was playing with AG and it was right at the limit of my technical ability at the time, but a nice break because all of the timing was trivial (in spite of being not trivial.) I know the song very well. ^^

Mason -- I'm in particular amused that the radio stations you and I reminisce about from the Bay Area have (90s era Live 105 vs. early 2000s era KFOG) are almost the same, as KFOG's playlist has grown to resemble the old Live 105 more and more, even to the extent of picking up some (well, at least one) of their old DJs.

Mason said...

LA has occasionally had so-called "adult alternative" stations, but none of them lasted more than a couple years. I found KFOG while I was at Cornell and I was searching online for a station of that format that also had online broadcasts.