Thursday, November 02, 2006

Final Fantasy XII first impressions

I've managed to hold off any assumptions whatsoever about the game, due in no small part to the bittersweet (well, mostly bitter) taste left in my mouth by FF XI.

Anyways. . .

It's been a blast so far. I'm about 5 hours in, and I'm having a great time. Most of the characters (Balthier and Fran ftw!) are quite likable (or, at least the ones that are supposed to be likable), and the gameplay is quite diggable as well. I think Tycho at PA described the gambit system as, "the means by which you relinquish control of the game", but I prefer to think of it as, "the thing that lets me go and pee without pausing."

Oh yeah, and the opening sequence totally makes me think of the Star Wars prequels -- oddly enough, I mean that in a good way.

No comments: