Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Concert Watch

Upcoming shows of note:

MC Frontalot, in Hollywood 11/21.
Cake, in LA 11/30.
LA Jones and the Blues Messengers, playing in LA regularly.
The Hold Steady, in LA NEXT FRIGGIN' WEEK.

1 comment:

Mason said...

I bought my Alison Moyet tickets earlier today. (Now that I actually have money in my UK bank account, I finally had the luxury to do this without causing problems due to the initial conditions in my finances...) Her concert is on my birthday, and I'm really looking forward to hearing her solo stuff and some of her stuff from Yaz in celebration of it. Situation!

I want to buy Van Morrison tickets as well (that's in March), but I am holding off on those because I want to maximize the chance of being able to come to the States for Jing's wedding (which is slated for March, the last I heard). I thus need to keep those dates open.

Mark Knophler is coming here in May, so that will be awesome as well.

Patti Smith came on October 22nd, but that was the day of my Cambridge visit and I was way too busy puking my guts out on the bus trip back to possible be able to see Patti Smith. I also missed her concert when I was still living in LA, but hopefully I'll be able to see her eventually.

Anyway, although I'm not getting to a concert immediately aroung here, at least there are several performances I really want to see in the early parts of 2008.