Thursday, September 13, 2007

What are the procedures for dealing with a magnet-related injury?

I saw this MRI safety video linked from Boingboing. Worth it for the shot of throwing a pipe wrench at the magnet alone.

Good thing Doug had the teletubbies to protect him!

3 comments:

Travis said...

Yes! That video was the source of much amusement here in the lab. I wonder how they managed to transport that guy through time from the 1950s.

Also, the oxygen bottle video linked in the same post has been a lab favorite for a while.

Lemming said...

Seeing the oxygen bottle bounce around like that made me a little uncomfortable, I have to admit. I might even go so far as to call it scary.

(For those who are curious, the Boingboing story is here, where you can also find the link to the vid Travis mentions.)

Mason said...

The oxygen tank one was short and sweet. I can't believe I watched the entirety of the MRI one. I agree with Travis's observations but I was expecting more amusement.