As a couple of people have pointed out, it has now been a little over a year since I posted anything.
Well, for the last nine months I've been taking classes. As of last Friday, I'm done with my first year of grad school, and despite all the work, sleepless nights, etc etc etc, I'm pretty happy with it.
The single most shocking revelation came to me only recently. Even when the homework was painfully difficult, I was actually enjoying it (usually). Somewhere during my undergrad years I lost sight of the fact that even the really hard stuff can be fun, especially when you finally start to cross the threshold of understanding.
To her credit, Christina noticed this (and commented on it) much earlier in the year, but the weight of it never hit me until I got close enough to the end of the year to believe there actually was an end to the year.
Anyway, here's what my immediate future holds. I have a SURF student again this summer (neat!), but for the most part studying for my qualifying exams is now my full-time job. After that, I'm looking at a considerably reduced class load, and whatever research crops up. On that last note, there are some interesting collaboration opportunities that have suddenly cropped up. Again, I say... neat!
Now that I've broken the silence, will I start posting again? Only the future will tell.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Whoa, it's a Tim!
Yay! I knew that if we made enough of a stink we'd coax him into it.:)
Welcome back, Tim!
And to add one small bit of my own perspective: Even when I saw on occasion during my visits some stress that the work caused, I was exceptionally pleased by how much doing the work well (and getting the appropriate grade for that) meant to you.
At some point, let's see what might be a good time for you to visit.
Just when I'd given up on ever reading another dev/shm2 entry you write one!
Welcome back to the blogosphere, Tim-bot!
I'm Olivia Megan from United State,I'm happy that my husband is back into my life after 2 years of divorce, Dr.AKHERE brought my husband back today and i am so excited. I got DR AKHERE email online when a lady was testifying about the strong spell caster who restored her marriage then I said to myself since he helped her, he can also help me,so i emailed him and told him the pain that I was going through,and he told me what to do and i did it,Then he did an urgent Love spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came back home and with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me. Then from that day,our marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to DR AKHERE. Our family is complete again. If you are going through Divorce/Broke-up since DR AKHERE helped me, he can also help you..email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ,Thank you DR AKHERE for saving my broken Marriage and brought my husband back to me.
Email him: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
or
call/whatsapp:+2349057261346
Post a Comment