Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rockin out nerdcore

As I may have mentioned, I've been listening to the new-ish internet radio site The 61.

A few good songs:



I just found something great, though -- The Gramma Club. A nerdcore supergroup, each member is already a "successful" nerdcore artist in their own right. One of them, in fact, is Shael Riley, the artist responsible for the notoriously bad (intentionally so) song, "Zelda, The Music Of My Groin".

Seriously, check out the album. Free download! It's doubleplusgood if you take the time to read the lyrics as you go, some of them are brilliant, especially in the final track, "Alternate Ending". The second track on the album, "Bank Holiday", seems to be one of the most popular, but is the only one I'd consider skipping on a play through of the album.

UPDATE: As a side note, the album comes in two versions: Blue, which is free MP3s, and Green, a $5 collection of FLAC (lossless encoding) files, all of the procedes of which go to Child's Play.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HE LIVES.

seriously, you haven't posted for a while.